Principles of treating Tennis and Golfers elbow are the same. In acute cases patients benefits from Non Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs NSAIDs and rest. In subacute and chronic phases of these conditions physiotherapy includes:
Physiotherapy treatment includes:
- Soft tissue release ( i.e. Transverse Deep Friction ).
- Ultrasound Therapy.
- stretching exercises.
- mobilization of the elbow joint (i.e. Mobilization with Movement techniques).
- strengthening exercises of the weak muscles.
- Neurodynamics techniques which help to improve gliding of nerves crossing the elbow region . (in some occasions a nerve entrapment in the elbow area can mimic the symptoms of the tennis elbow).
- Use of brace and taping.
- Shockwave therapy ( in some chronic cases).
The use of above mentioned treatments depend on the presentation of the patient and the chronicity of the condition.