The society serves as the only organized directive in Jordan to regulate physical therapy practice and protect the physical therapists rights in Jordan. The society leads and regulates physical therapy practice through setting the ethical and professional standards of the profession. Also, the society collaborates with local physical therapy providers and academic institutions in order to promote the level of physical therapy knowledge and skills. The society serves as the only representative of the profession in the regional and international events.
To be a leading organization in promoting the physical therapy profession in Jordan to the highest level and protect the physical therapists rights in practicing their profession autonomously.
Purpose and goals:
The society is dedicated to its vision and mission through achievement of the following goals:
- Advancing the level of physical therapy profession through the development of knowledge and skills of the licensed physical therapists to provide optimal management of patients in order to reduce the suffering and disability in the society.
- Enhancement of the educational level of the physical therapy through collaboration with local academic institution and organizing high quality continuous education courses.
- Setting and maintaining the professional and ethical standards of the physical therapy practice. Communication and negotiation with local authority on behalf of physical therapists in order to establish an association that have the authority to make the required changes in the physical therapy profession status.
- Supervising the physical therapy practice and assure that physical therapy practitioners has the legal status to practice the profession through the license of practice from the Ministry of Health.
- Organizing seminars, lectures and provide public awareness related to physical therapy profession and rehabilitation. Also, the society aims to increase awareness through issuing bulletins and journals as well as exchanges information with other parties.
- Providing assistance and consultation services for organizations that provides physical therapy and rehabilitation services.
- Participation in regional and international meetings and conferences related to physical therapy profession.
- Maintaining the society’s membership in Arab Physical Therapy Union and World Congress of Physical Therapy.